Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Badass lawyers

Well I have just searched for a social security disability attorney.  What a distasteful chore.  Why do these people feel that they need to present themselves as some kind of badass?  Seriously, if I ever see another picture or advertisement of some older person with their arms folded, trying to look tough, it will be far too soon.  I have contacted one and I am sure I will be hearing from them tomorrow.  Probably before I'm awake.

As I figure, what could it hurt? I might get some money out of it, and most of it would be money I paid into that trust fund in the past.  At any rate, I might get money for my son.  If I get told I don't qualify, then that's two attorneys who wouldn't take my case.  That means I'm too healthy.

My job search will continue for the time being.  I really do miss working.  I don't want to go somewhere that will depress me, so I am trying to stick with companies that have a good reputation, as well as a few small organizations that advertise for help.  I think it would help me to get out.  However, I don't look forward to paying for day care.  That is the next thing I need to research.

Part of me thinks the hubby is doing this so that he can leave us, free of guilt.  He's really been bugging me about this a lot.  He makes a good living most of the time, when he can manage to keep a job.  The one he just started is going to be one of the most lucrative.

It has become pretty clear to me that he doesn't love me anymore, and that feeling is mutual.  Personally, I can't wait to get out of this prison of a marriage, and I have told him as much just this past week. 

I guess I'd better go back to my research for now.  I'm so glad for the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment